.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

Outerbridge-Kitchen Table

Kertesz

I'm really not sure what the photographer's purpose in taking this photo was and I don't particularly like the photo, really. I was simply drawn to this photo because it reminded me of a stipple drawing I had done in one of my art classes in High School. I stippled the kitchen counter with an old glass, milk container sitting on it and other misc. kitchen stuff very similar to this photo.

Technical comments: I can see that the picture was taken with a light source shining on or around it because of the shadows to the left of the bowl and glass milk container. You can also see light reflecting off the rim of the milk container, the inside edge of the bowl and the three eggs sitting on the table.

I think the combination of a bowl of milk and eggs is a little strange....I'm not quite sure why that particular combination....??? Leaves me wondering, "where are the cheerios?" However, as I look at the bowl....I wonder if it is sugar in the bowl....hmmm....can't tell.

I love how the spoon's handle blends in with the background to the right of the photograph; it looks like the spoon is coming right out of the wall sort of.

Overall I think this picture is really boring and I couldn't see myself ever putting this on a wall in my home.

Thoughts: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?