.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 

Jenshel-Monument

Len

The reason why I chose to emulate Len Jenshel first and foremost was because I love how he uses light in his pictures. He finds very random, yet colorful scenes to photograph. In addition to lighting effects, I appreciate how he cleverly frames his photos to include things that a person might normally edit out of the final product. For example: his picture above I particularly like where he framed the picture to include his car door and the pavement leading up to the lookout. This was a very clever way to depict what it is like as a tourist viewing the monument.

As I tried to emulate Len, the things that were going thru my mind were many. One: re-think how I frame my shots, making sure I’m not cropping out details that may have led to interesting subject matter, two: look for light sources that cast varying and unusual colors on objects, trying also to find more than one color cast in a particular shot, three: finding funny, humorous, or ironic “moments” that can be highlighted through the photo, which might get passed over by people otherwise. For Example: Len took a photo of a tourist inside a museum looking thru a glass window into a jelly-fish tank; the shape of her head and the color of her hair matched perfectly with the color-cast of the jelly-fish floating inside.

I enjoy Len Jenshel’s photography immensely and will be copying (attempting that is) his style and technique on my future projects in this class and other photography projects of mine in the future outside of class.

Thoughts: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?